General Data Protection Regulation
Data Protection legislation requires all organisations to protect the rights and privacy of their customers or service users. New regulations came into force in May 2018 and these apply to both the URC Synod and local churches.
- Data Protection Policy URC SW Synod 2018
- Privacy Notice
- SW Synod Year Book Privacy Notice
- GDPR Executive member consent form 2018
- Executive Members Details – SW Synod 2018
- Trustee appointment details and eligibility 2018
- Committee Leaver Declaration April 2018
- Committee Member undertaking April 2018
- Declaration of Interest Form SW Synod 2018
GDPR for Churches
The documents in this section are offered to help churches comply with the General Data Protection Regulation.
There are legal bases for processing data, other than consent, which have been included in the template Data Privacy Statement, and wherever possible it is recommended that the need to obtain consent is avoided. However if you wish to collect or process Special Category Data you will need to obtain consent. A template consent form is included for this purpose.
If you need further information or advice on GDPR, please contact the Property team at the Synod Office